Yesterday, I was assigned to report a live zoom meeting at night with one of my classmates. From my perspective, reporting a zoom meeting is much more complicated than reporting in an in-person meeting. Here are the challenges I met and some experiences about how I can report a zoom meeting better.
- Technology: Because of the internet connection, the speakers will freeze and we audience will miss some words.
- Anonymity: people from the public in zoom always use nicknames.
- Information: some meetings will have different sections, including a lot of information from various aspects. It is hard to summarize.
How I can do next time
- Before the zoom meeting, I should have thought that there would be speakers from the public. So, next time, I will email or call the organizer at first to see whether they have the information from the audience.
- This time I recorded the meeting as well as taking an excellent note. However, I will try to summarize the content of a section during the meeting.
At last, I want to thank my coworker. Without great teamwork, I cannot even imagine finishing this story in such a short time..